Dan is slightly famous around Richmond for reading the Ode to Compost that he wrote. When I (Janet) get around to writing an Ode, it will be to Greens.
(To all the new readers here that we met at the U of R and Robious Middle, Welcome!)
Varieties of spinach abound.
Salad of many colors.
Greens are just amazing. They are versatile, flavorful, and super nutritious. We make greens be the foundation of almost every lunch and dinner. But that habit is a little more difficult in the coldest, darkest days of winter. So we are all pretty excited that tomorrow is March 1st. Things are really starting to grow around here again. (Here’s some gorgeous cilantro:)
Baby plants are everywhere!
Recipe you need to make this weekend: Sauteed Spinach with Garlic.
Now I need to tap into my poetic side and write that Ode.
Harvest this week includes:
Spinach, Salad Mix, Kale, Mustard Greens, Cilantro, Eggs, Naturally-Leavened Hearth-Baked Multigrain Bread, and Pepper Jelly.
Order your selection through our Online Store!
- Enter our store here. (If you want to reset your password, click on ‘forgotten password.’)
- For complete details on how our sign up and order system works, see the Feb 18th newsletter.
- CSA Sign Up for this season remains open! Learn more here.
- We are still accepting applications for interns for 2013. Details here.
- We are teaching a section on Soils & Compost tonight at the U of R. Details here.