Our Farm Share is currently full, with 25 people on the waiting list. We doubt we will be able to add more members than that. Please seek out our vegetables through the other ways we distribute – full details found on our Where to Buy page. Thank you so much!
When you join our Farm Share, you get to choose from what we have available! Scroll down to learn about CUSTOMIZED shares!
What is a Farm Share?
Sometimes called a CSA, Community Supported Agriculture allows a rewarding relationship between the growers and consumers of food. Community members financially invest in our farm and we grow food that is Certified Naturally Grown, clean, fair, transparent, nutritious, and delicious. We plan for a diverse mix of vegetables to provide a Farm Share for each member with a bountiful selection of produce through a defined season. We, the farmers, thereby receive cash in advance of the season when expenses are the greatest, and you, the consumer, get vegetables grown here on our farm in Chesterfield according to high Certified Naturally Grown standards of health, sustainability, and environmental stewardship. We call our CSA Share our Farm Share.
What Is a Broadfork Farm Share?
- We use a software platform called “Harvie” which helps farmers like us meet their members’ needs through a customizable Farm Share program.
- Each week’s share is based on your preferences. For example: don’t like beets? You will never get them in your share! Want flowers in your share whenever you can get them? Just indicate that during sign up. And – each week you can further customize your share, as well as order extras if you’d like.
- You get to choose between a weekly share or an every-other-week share for our season (May through November).
- The Harvie system gives you more choice and flexibility while still sourcing your vegetables from our Certified Naturally Grown farm right here in Chesterfield!
- Click here to Join our Farm Share
How Does It Work?
- After signing up for our Farm Share, Harvie will provide you with a list of all the crops that we grow and you will rate each item from 0 (“I never want it in my share”) to 5 (“I love it!”).
- Based on your preferences and our seasonal harvests each week, Harvie chooses what will go in your share and sends a notification to you about your share. Each week you will have a window of time to make changes to your share or order extras if you like. You can easily add a loaf of our bread to a week’s share, or order extra salad to plan for a dinner party.
- Pro tip: If you want the traditional Farm Share surprise, without preferential treatment to any particular thing, indicate a neutral preference for all items when you sign up.
- You can even swap out vegetables for a loaf of our Bread, and/or add Bread to your share.
- Need more info? This PDF will give you an idea of how Harvie works.
Why Use This Harvie System?
- We love the Farm Share model and feel very strongly about its value to members and farmers, and we want members to have choice in what food (or flowers) they receive.
With Harvie software helping to manage the Farm Share, you maintain a direct connection to us and the food your family eats but increase your control and flexibility over each week’s share.
We love this innovation in Community Supported farming, and we know you will, too!
Our Farm Share provides members with the first priority of our vegetables, the most variety, and the best selection. See photos here of 23 weeks of sample weekly Farm Shares from a previous season.
No need to remember to place an order or get to the farmers market early!
We have already set aside the best of the best for you.
Learn more about our Farm Share by watching our video:
Payment Details & Schedule:
Main Season Farm Shares, Regular size = $28.05/share
Main Season Farm Shares, Large size = $36.04/share
Add on Bread = $7.70/loaf
25% due at sign up
25% due the first pick up week of the season
The remaining 50% of each week’s share is charged to your credit card on file each week that you have a share
OR – You may pay in full at sign up
Pick up locations are (May – November):
:: At our farm (Wednesdays, noon-8pm or dusk…whichever is earlier)
:: At our farm (Saturdays, 8am-8pm or dusk…whichever is earlier )
:: Summer Lake neighborhood (Wednesdays, 2-8pm – residents only…access card required)
:: Hallsley neighborhood (Wednesdays, 2-7pm)
:: Bon Air: Perk! Coffee & Lunchbox in Bon Air (Wednesdays, 2:30-7 pm)
:: Good Health Herbs (Saturdays, 8am-1pm)
:: St. Stephens Farmers Market (Saturdays, 8am-12pm)
**Off-farm pick up options incur a delivery fee of $1.50/share
Actual weekly harvest varies according to the season and weather conditions.
This is a twist on the traditional Farm Share method – providing members with a choice of the best of our weekly harvest. You can choose to receive vegetables that are new to you, or you can get more of your favorites and less (or none) of your least-desired veggies. Additionally, you get to enjoy a closer tie to the farm, seeing the crops change throughout the season, and having the chance to interact more closely with farm staff.
Click here to Join our Farm Share!
Wondering more? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Additionally, members may choose to also purchase a Bread Share and receive a weekly loaf (or loaves) of our Organic, Naturally Leavened, Hearth Baked Bread. Baked here at our farm on the morning of pick-up, our Bread is old-world style, artisanal, crusty bread. You choose your Bread variety weekly from our seasonal offerings (Seed Loaf, Raisin & Cinnamon, Sunny Greens, Whole Rye, Roasted Pepper & Onion, Rosemary & Thyme, Tomato & Basil, etc.) Learn more about our Bread here. Sign up for a Bread Share through the same sign-up process as our Farm Share CSA.
Important things to know about us and our Farm Share:
– We specialize in greens. (See photos above and see photos here of 23 sample weekly Farm Shares.) Accordingly, our aim is to provide our CSA members with the option of salad and/or cooking greens every week of the season. This gets toughest in the driest, hot part of the summer, so there may be a few weeks without greens to harvest.
– We only sell what we grow. Produce from another farm is never included in your share of vegetables or at our market booth. It’s as simple as that.
– We use only certified organic fertilizer, high quality, vegetable based compost, sea minerals, a cornucopia of nutrients, mycorrhizal fungi, and cover crops to build soil health. We use biological pest controls when needed (like Neem Oil, Castile Soap, Diatomaceous Earth, and other safe substances on the Organic Standards list). We buy Organic seed whenever available and never purchase GMO seed. Our produce is Certified Naturally Grown and we are proud to adhere to these important standards.
– We trust that being in business here since 2011 is long enough for you all to feel confident in an investment in our Farm Share program. If you are slightly new to us, please ask around to find out how other members & customers feel about us, and browse our farm blog to see what the harvest list looked like throughout the previous weeks/seasons.
– We host a Farm Share Member Social each fall to allow you, as eaters of this food, to spend time with us on the farm and see where your food is grown. Our farm is always open for you to visit since our self-serve FarmStand is open daily and is located in the middle of farm. This way you can check on the tomatoes’ progress or see what our greenhouses look like.