It has been quite frosty here the past few mornings!
This Wednesday’s Farm Share will most likely include:
Chinese/Napa Cabbage, Broccoli, Scallions, Salad Mix, Sweet White Turnips, Kale, and hopefully a tomato or two and some peppers (these both have been damaged by this early frost but we are doing our best to save them for you).
Recipe Suggestions: see these and others cataloged on our Recipe Page
– Portugese Kale Soup is one of our favorite ways to enjoy our turnips as well as kale.
– Our Turnips are really, really good eaten raw. Whole or sliced, plain or dipped in hummus or other dip. Or if you took us up on the suggestion to mix diced radishes with cream cheese and salt, our turnips are also great with that dip spread on slices.
– Kale is wonderful as a side dish when prepared as Kale with Caramelized Onions and Garlic
– Napa Cabbage is a fall staple for us and we hope you are enjoying it as much as we are. It serves as a raw salad with any dressing but especially as an American Cole Slaw, this Asian Slaw, or this Asian Slaw.
– Scallions make any vegetables even better. If you love them raw (like Dan does) add them to the slaw recipe above. If you love them cooked (like both Dan and Janet do) then saute them in butter with salt and incorporate in any meal. With kale, cabbage, turnips, etc…
– Peppers are wonderful sliced raw and then topped with the above-mentioned radish-cream cheese dip. Or make Baked, Stuffed Sweet Peppers – with small peppers they are Poppers or with large peppers they are ready to be served and then cut to bite-sized.
Available for Market Share CSA members to reserve online:
Bok Choy, Tokyo Bekana, Broccoli, Cabbage, Chard, Hearty Greens Mix, Kale, Microgreens, Bell and Jalapeno Peppers, Radishes, Turnips…and our Organic, Naturally Leavened Bread.
2015 Market Share CSA Members: Reserve your selection online to pick up on Wednesday, Oct 21 at our farm, Good Health Herbs (New Location! Pick up hours are from 2:00 – 6:00), or in Church Hill.