It’s hard not to love winter around here.
A touch of snow. A touch of sun.
A touch of frosty salad.
And a little touch of paradise in a spacious greenhouse.
These babies aren’t quite ready for harvest. (The slower season includes slower growing.) But the days are getting longer and the plants are responding. Soon, we will eat greens again!
Rest assured, though this is the slower season, we are staying plenty busy. We just wrapped up involvement in a wonderful statewide, annual conference. Session details and presentation slideshows are found on the VABF website. Crop plans and field maps for this season are almost complete. 2012 taxes are underway (this is no one’s favorite). Planting for this spring and summer is in full swing.
We are trying out some new techniques for our seedlings. (We’ll share educational details in the next post.) We’re also starting numerous plants that will be available for purchase and use in your own garden. Details about that – including shameless self-promotion of why ours are great – will also be in the next post.
Details for today are about our new online ordering system! Here’s the scoop:
– If you wish to order from us this season, thereby having a bagged order delivered to one of our pick up sites (including on the farm), you’ll need to join our Market Share CSA and pre-pay at the level of your choosing. Then you order through our website. (We will still be attending farmers markets, where you may purchase our goods using cash or check.)
– If you have already joined our Market Share CSA and we have received your payment, you should have gotten an email with a password. Use that password to log in (website link found below). Add items to your cart as you wish. Choose your pick up location. Then you will checkout using your balance, and receive notification of how much balance you have remaining to spend.
– Enter our store by following the link always found on the Online Store page on our website or enter directly using this link.
– Each week we will open the online store and it will show what we currently have available. The store tracks inventory, meaning it won’t let you order a greater quantity than what we have to offer, and it will automatically close at the advertised time. (This time will change based on the season’s requirements. It is currently closing at noon the day before delivery, as bread baking dictates. During the heat of the summer when we are harvesting starting at 6 am, the store will close before the start of harvest.)
– Pick up location details are included in the check-out process.
– You may add funds to your Market Share balance at any point. You may use your balance anytime during 2013. You can shop at our farmers market booth using this balance, too!
This is our first week using this system. Thank you in advance for bearing with us through the initial uses! Give Janet a call (804-337-6540) or send an email with any questions. We will help you if you get stuck. (And – check it out! New email: email@example.com )
For Wednesday pick up this week we have available:
Multigrain Bread, Pepper Jelly (mild, medium, and hot), and Eggs.
Order your selection through our Online Store!
– Enter our store here.
– CSA Sign Up for this season remains open! Learn more here.
– We are still accepting applications for interns for 2013. Details here.
One thought on “Mid Winter Update; Online Store Open!”
Glad things are shaping up for a great 2013 for you guys! Just wanted to make sure that you’ve heard about and have gotten involved in the fight to stop the proposed landfill just down the street from you guys! If you haven’t there is more info on the Grange Hall PTA website.