Uncategorized

Ready for 2017 CSA!…and mkt 2.11.2017

Happy February! To us, this means an important step closer to Spring and the seasons of abundance here. Despite the frequently warm temperatures this winter, it has also been a winter of record-setting low temperatures. And even when warm, winter days are marked by less sunlight. Plants simply can’t grow as well. So we look forward to spring!
web-garlic-field{pictured: garlic, which overwinters, that we will harvest in late June}

Seeding begins in earnest this week for the 2017 Season. First priority of our vegetables always goes to our Farm Share CSA members — community members who invest in our farm in advance of the season in exchange for a share of our weekly harvest from May through November.

Sign up for our Farm Share CSA is going on now! Spots remain but we filled to capacity last year and plan to fill to capacity this year. Thus, signing up  now will ensure you get your share of veggies!

2016-11-11-farm-share-week-27{pictured: sample Farm Share}

No need to remember to place an order or get to the farmers market early! We set aside the best of the best for you. Wondering what the shares may be like? See here for photos of most of our week’s shares from 2016.

Have more questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions.

Pick up locations include…
:: here at our farm (in SW Chesterfield…Wednesdays noon til dusk)
:: Brandermill Green Market (Market Square parking lot, Saturdays 9am-12pm)
:: Bon Air: Perk! Coffee & Lunchbox in Bon Air (Wednesdays 3-7 pm)
:: Hallsley neighborhood (Wednesdays, 2-7pm)
:: Summer Lake neighborhood (Mondays, 1-5pm)
:: St. Stephens Farmers Market (Saturdays 8am-12pm)

And…for all members who have signed up for our CSA by February 15th (next Wednesday!) we will enter your name into a drawing to win a gift certificate for a class at Spiritual Flow Yoga Studio in Midlothian (the best yoga studio that we know of!). Sign up here, and join us in cheering on spring!
2016-08-19-v1{pictured: sample Farm Share}

This week’s harvest includes so few vegetables that we have them just in our Farm Stand (Thursday and Friday). We are still doing our best to recover from the extreme cold in January that killed 80% of our plants for winter harvest. The other 20% was severely damaged. So it goes in winter!

Thus…we are taking orders for: 
Chervil, Parsley, Pepper Jelly…and our Organic Hearth Baked Bread (Whole Wheat, Sunny Greens, Seed, & Raisin loaves for this weekend)

2017 Market Share CSA Members: Reserve your selection online to pick up Saturday, February 11th at our farm, at Good Health Herbs, or at the Farmers Market @ St. Stephens.

Anything remaining as of Saturday morning, plus the bread we will bake, we’ll bring to the Farmer’s Market @ St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church in the West End of Richmond
{Indoors through March, Saturdays, 9-12.}

Enjoy ~
Janet, Dan, & the whole Broadfork crew
Want to follow along during the week, including Farm Stand updates? Visit us on Facebook or Instagram

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s